The service of alcohol at any campus event is subject to SUNY Cortland and NY State Liquor Authority (NYSLA) rules and approval.
- Alcoholic beverage permit applications must be processed at least 45 business days before the event. We cannot provide or serve alcohol at a function booked after this 45-day time period.
- Each temporary license for service outside of Corey Union will incur a charge of $60 each.
- Sufficient quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and food must be available and displayed at all times.
Bar Service Options
Guests pay for their own drinks
A setup fee of $200 is required. The setup fee will be waived if total bar sales exceed $250. Bars exceeding three hours in length will be assessed a $75 per hour labor charge for service beyond the three-hour period.
Guests do not pay for their drinks
The host is billed for the entire amount at our cash drink prices. A setup fee of $200 is required. The setup fee is waived if total bar sales exceed $250. Bars exceeding three hours in length will be assessed a $75 per hour labor charge for service beyond the three-hour period.
Wine Service with Dinner
Pricing will be based upon usage and brand of wine served. Special wine requests will be honored based on market pricing.
We Promise to
- provide a full range of premium alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages;
- request proof of age of any customer wishing to obtain alcohol at any scheduled event (two forms of ID will be required);
- encourage responsible drinking in moderation and may terminate bar service to an individual at the discretion of the Catering Manager or his designate.
You Promise to
- agree the serving of alcohol at any given event is subject to SUNY Cortland and State Liquor Authority rules and approval;
- provide transportation for those who were consuming alcohol.