Our Safe Dining Commitments
Your health and wellbeing are our top priority. SUNY Cortland Dining will continue to strive to provide a wide variety of delicious, globally-inspired menu options crafted with many regional & local ingredients. To help ensure that we can welcome all students back to campus in Spring 2021 in a safe manner, all our dining units will follow the recommended CDC, New York State and local health department guidelines for hygiene to stop the spread of COVID-19. To ensure the safety of our customers and staff, our units and employees are adhering to the following guidelines:
- Social distancing
- Facial coverings
- Handwashing and gloves
- Enhanced sanitizing measures
- Daily wellness checks
- Glass/plexiglass protection
Preparing For Your Visit
As we continue to monitor the daily COVID case numbers on campus and in the city of Cortland, our team will closely follow the latest guidelines and recommendations provided by the CDC and state, and local health authorities. Dining hours and openings may be subject to changes throughout the Spring 2021 semester to ensure the safety of the SUNY Cortland community.
Please social distance and wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose when you visit our residential and retail dining locations. Follow signs and enter/leave through the designated entrance/exit. We are also implementing the following measures to make dining safer and more convenient for our customers.
- For Residential Dining Halls (Neubig & Bistro), customers can pay with their Cortland ID card by swiping their cards without handing it to the cashier.
- For all other Retail Dining Locations (except Pomodori, Chick-N-Bap, and Greens & Grains), pay through the GET app on your phone, your Cortland ID, or a credit/debit card. Download the GET App (Click for Apple Download/Android Download) to use your Dining Dollars or Connections by signing in with your cortland.edu email address. Tap “scan card” when you are ready to check out at the register.
- For Pomodori, Chick-N-Bap, and Greens & Grains, place your order through the self-service kiosks with your Cortland ID or credit/debit card, or order through Grubhub.
Limited seating available for walk-in and reservation
- We are allowing a maximum of 2 people per table this semester. Please only use tables that are sanitized. We encourage you to minimize the time spent at the table to allow for others who are waiting. Please try to leave the space clean when you leave and dispose food waste and containers properly.
- You can reserve seating on Grubhub before your visit. Open the Grubhub app and choose a dine-in time slot and arrive at your reserved time slot.
- Pre-order food from our retail locations through Grubhub for a quicker pick up. Click here for Download and Instructions.
- We recommend customers to view menus online and check out the latest specials and events through our Instagram to minimize time spent in our dining locations. Please note that all food will be served by our staff and there will be no self-serve stations in the dining halls. If you need assistance or have dietary restrictions, please ask our staff for help.
- Follow the directional signs when you visit a dining location and queue up using the social distancing floor markers. Check out Neubig and Bistro’s floor plans to learn how to navigate through the dining halls.
Have questions regarding the health and safety of on-campus dining? Please contact our Dining Director Jeff Scott by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.