Are you ready to take your ASC work experience to the next level?
Do you want to build your resume?
If so, the Assistant Supervisor program may be for you!
What we’re looking for:
• A student employee with a minimum of 2 semesters of Cortland Auxiliary work experience
• Solid Cortland Auxiliary work history and demonstrated leadership potential
• Resume and letter of application
• Manager recommendation
• Completion of 6-9 hours of supervisory foundations
• Ability to commit to working 15 hours/week for at least 2 semesters
What’s in it for you?
• Foundational management skills that will work well in any career field
• Individual mentoring from seasoned, industry leaders as you earn and learn
• Leadership experience to build a stronger resume upon graduation
• Pay increase
• Flexible scheduling to balance school, work, and life
Application Process and Important Dates
February 15 - Deadline to apply for the next Fall Program
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are interested in the Assistant Supervisor Program
2. Send a current resume
3. You must commit to prerequisite and ongoing training and 20 hours/week work schedule for minimum of 2 semesters.
Tell your manager you are applying for the Assistant Supervisor program. He/she will complete a recommendation form and submit it to the Human Resource Office.
If you are accepted into the program:
In the Spring Semester – Foundations class – candidates must complete an Assistant Supervisor Foundations Programs. Only candidates who have successfully completed the program will be considered.
March 1 – Candidate selections announced
March – April Training Session that must be successfully passed
May - Serv Safe Certification Class and test
Late August/September – Fall Assistant Supervisor training
A week before classes begin – Assistant supervisors work schedule begins