How to submit a selfie as your ID picture
Please read the photo requirements carefully before submitting your photo.
Submit your own photo on the GET app.
- Download and log in to the GET app at the App Store or on Google Play. (Register using your SUNY Cortland email and your College ID # i.e. C00123456.)
- Once you’re logged in, click on the menu dropdown, settings, and change ID photo.
- Take your selfie with a plain white background – see photo requirements below.
Submit your photo online
- Log in to GET. (Register using your SUNY Cortland email and your College ID # i.e. C00123456.)
- Click on submit ID photo, browse to find your photo, select photo, then click on upload.
- You will receive a confirmation email within two business days regarding the approval of the picture you submitted.
- Plain white background
- Must be in color
- Recent (no older than 6 months)
- JPEG (JPG) file format, less than 1 MB in size - If your picture is too big, use the Pic Resize website to resize your photo.
- Portrait style, eyes to camera, head-centered with extra space on all sides
- NO other people, hats, profile shots, sunglasses, gestures, or anything shielding your face
- Photos that do not meet the above requirements will not be processed. If your photo was not accepted, you will be notified.
Be sure you like your photo. There is a $15 fee for a replacement Student ID/Dining Card.
Your card will be printed and waiting for you when you arrive at Welcome Weekend. You must show a valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver's License/Learner's Permit, NYS Identification Card) to pick up your Student ID Card. You will be the only person allowed to pick up your card. Cards will not be mailed.
Questions? Call the Cortland Auxiliary Business Office at 607-753-2425.